Nanomaterials & Catalysis Lab.
Research in Nanomaterials and Catalysis Laboratory is focused on the fundamental understanding of catalytic and electrocatalytic processes on the molecular scale and developments of highly active and cost-effective catalysts. We approach these challenges with nanoscale catalytic building blocks (nanoparticles and nanoporous supports) with tailored structural parameters. We design new model nanocatalysts by integrating nanoparticles and nanoporous materials. We use these nanocatalysts for catalytic reactions that are highly relevant to energy and environmental issues.
- Jae Yeong wins excellent poster award in 2013 Fall Meeting of Korean Chemical Society. Congratulation !2013/10/18
- Our paper entitled “Ordered Mesoporous Porphyrinic Carbons with Very High Electrocatalytic Activity for the Oxygen Reduction Reaction” has been published in Scientific Reports (Nature Publishing Group).2013/09/23
- Our J. Am. Chem. Soc. paper has been featured in “Editors’ Choice” in Science: “From MOFs to Mesoporous Oxides”.2013/06/21
- Our paper entitled “Ordered Mesoporous Co3O4 Spinels as Stable, Bifunctional, Noble Metal-Free Oxygen Electrocatalysts” has been published in J. Mater. Chem. A.2013/06/20
- Bora and Young Jin have been selected as recipients of Global PhD Fellowship (GPF, 글로벌박사펠로쉽). Congratulation !2013/06/05
- Our paper entitled “Three-Dimensional Pillared Metallomacrocycle-Graphene Frameworks with Tunable Micro- and Mesoporosity” has been published in J. Mater. Chem. A.2013/05/20
- Our paper entitled “Nanoporous Metal Oxides with Tunable and Nanocrystalline Frameworks via Conversion of Metal-Organic Frameworks” has been published in J. Am. Chem. Soc.2013/05/07
- Jae Yeong has been selected as a recipient of Core Leaders of the Future Basic Science Program (미래기초과학 핵심리더양성사업). Congratulation !2013/04/02
We are currently looking for highly motivated postdoctoral fellows, graduate students (master, PhD, or master-PhD combined) and researchers who are interested in nanomaterial synthesis, nanocatalysis, and fuel cells. If you are interested in the group, please feel free to contact to Prof. Joo.
나노재료 및 촉매 연구실에서는 나노물질 합성, 나노촉매 및 연료전지 분야에 관심 있는 학부생, 대학원생 (석사, 박사, 또는 석-박 통합과정) 및 연구원을 모집합니다. 본 연구실에 관심 있으신 분은 아래의 연락처로 연락주시기 바랍니다.
E-mail: shjoo/at/unist.ac.kr or sanghjoo/at/gmail.com