Welcome to the Joo Group in the Chemistry Department at UNIST. We are a group of materials chemists who are seeking to provide materials chemistry solutions to address the problems of societal importance. Our current interests are mainly focused on the design of advanced materials for activating small molecule transformation reactions that are relevant to renewable energy conversions and commodity chemical productions. We design new materials tailored at a molecular level in a function-oriented manner, utilize spectroscopy, microscopy, and theoretical calculations to characterize materials at an atomic level, and explore these materials in a variety of catalytic reactions to establish the structure-property relationship.
- Our paper entitled “Electrocatalysis of Selective Chlorine Evolution Reaction: Fundamental Understanding and Catalyst Design” has been accepted for publication in J. Electrochem. Sci. Technol..2023/01/24
- Our paper entitled “Skeletal Nanostructures Promoting Electrocatalytic Reactions with Three-Dimensional Frameworks” has been accepted for publication in ACS Catal..2022/12/02
- Our paper entitled “Fe–N/C Catalysts with Tunable Mesoporous Structure and Carbon Layer Number Reveal the Role of Interlayer O2 Activation” has been accepted for publication in EES Catal..2022/11/07
- Prof. Joo has received the Academic Excellence in Fuel Cells Award from the KECS. Congratulation!2022/11/03
- Dr. Du San Baek has received the Best Ph.D. Thesis Award from the KCS. Congratulation!2022/10/20
- Prof. Joo has received the Sigma-Aldrich Excellent Chemist Award from the KCS. Congratulation!2022/10/20
- Our paper entitled “Intermetallic Nanoarchitectures for Efficient Electrocatalysis” has been accepted for publication in ACS Nanoscience Au.2022/10/20
- Our paper entitled “Steering Catalytic Selectivity with Atomically Dispersed Metal Electrocatalysts for Renewable Energy Conversion and Commodity Chemical Production” has been accepted for publication in Acc. Chem. Res..2022/08/20
We are currently looking for highly motivated graduate students (master, PhD, or master-PhD combined) and researchers who are interested in nanomaterial synthesis, nanocatalysis, and fuel cells. If you are interested in the group, please feel free to contact to Prof. Joo.
재료화학 및 촉매 연구실에서는 나노물질 합성, 나노촉매 및 연료전지 분야에 관심 있는 학부생, 대학원생 (석사, 박사, 또는 석-박 통합과정) 및 연구원을 모집합니다. 본 연구실에 관심 있으신 분은 아래의 연락처로 연락주시기 바랍니다.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com