Nanomaterials & Catalysis Lab.
Research in Nanomaterials and Catalysis Laboratory is focused on the fundamental understanding of catalytic and electrocatalytic processes on the molecular scale and developments of highly active and cost-effective catalysts. We approach these challenges with nanoscale catalytic building blocks (nanoparticles and nanoporous supports) with tailored structural parameters. We design new model nanocatalysts by integrating nanoparticles and nanoporous materials. We use these nanocatalysts for catalytic reactions that are highly relevant to energy and environmental issues.
- Our paper entitled “Active Edge Site-Rich Carbon Nanocatalysts with Enhanced Electron Transfer for Efficient Electrochemical Hydrogen Peroxide Production” has been accepted for publication in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed..2018/12/10
- Our paper entitled “Heterogeneous Co–N/C Electrocatalysts with Controlled Cobalt Site Densities for the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction: Structure–Activity Correlations and Kinetic Insights” has been accepted for publication in ACS Catal.2018/11/22
- Young Jin has been awarded the “Best Ph.D. Thesis Award” from Korean Chemical Society. Congratulation!2018/10/18
- Our paper entitled “Topotactic Transformations in an Icosahedral Nanocrystal to Form Efficient Water-Splitting Catalysts” has been accepted for publication in Adv. Mater..2018/10/03
- Our paper entitled “Promoting Oxygen Reduction Activity of Fe-N/C Electrocatalysts by Silica Coating-Mediated Synthesis for Anion Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells” has been accepted for publication in Chem. Mater..2018/09/09
- Prof. Joo has been appointed as “Young Distinguished Professor” by UNIST. Congratulation !2018/09/01
- Our paper entitled “Hierarchically Porous Adamantane-Shaped Carbon Nanoframes” has been accepted for publication in J. Mater. Chem. A.2018/08/05
- Our paper entitled “Nanodendrites of Platinum-Group Metals for Electrocatalytic Applications” has been accepted for publication in Nano Res..2018/07/30
We are currently looking for highly motivated postdoctoral fellows, graduate students (master, PhD, or master-PhD combined) and researchers who are interested in nanomaterial synthesis, nanocatalysis, and fuel cells. If you are interested in the group, please feel free to contact to Prof. Joo.
나노재료 및 촉매 연구실에서는 나노물질 합성, 나노촉매 및 연료전지 분야에 관심 있는 학부생, 대학원생 (석사, 박사, 또는 석-박 통합과정) 및 연구원을 모집합니다. 본 연구실에 관심 있으신 분은 아래의 연락처로 연락주시기 바랍니다.
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org