Welcome to the Joo Group in the Chemistry Department at UNIST. We are a group of materials chemists who are seeking to provide materials chemistry solutions to address the problems of societal importance. Our current interests are mainly focused on the design of advanced materials for activating small molecule transformation reactions that are relevant to renewable energy conversions and commodity chemical productions. We design new materials tailored at a molecular level in a function-oriented manner, utilize spectroscopy, microscopy, and theoretical calculations to characterize materials at an atomic level, and explore these materials in a variety of catalytic reactions to establish the structure-property relationship.
- Our paper entitled “Boosting Thermal Stability of Volatile Os Catalysts by Downsizing to Atomically Dispersed Species” has been accepted for publication in JACS Au.2022/05/14
- Dr. Jae Hyung Kim joins the Korea Institute of Energy Research (KIER) as a senior researcher. Congratulation!2022/04/01
- Our paper entitled “Circumventing the OCl vs. OOH Scaling Relation in the Chlorine Evolution Reaction: Beyond Dimensionally Stable Anodes” has been accepted for publication in Curr. Opin. electrochem..2022/02/14
- Prof. Joo has received the S-Oil Next-Generation Scientist Award. Congratulation!2021/12/02
- Our paper entitled “Unveiling Cationic Promotion Effect of H2O2 Electrosynthesis Activity of O-Doped Carbons” has been accepted for publication in ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces.2021/11/30
- Our paper entitled “Direct Propylene Epoxidation with Oxygen Using a Photo-Electro-Heterogeneous Catalytic System” has been accepted for publication in Nature Catal..2021/11/12
- Our paper entitled “Recent Advances in Non-Precious Group Metal-Based Catalysts for Water Electrolysis and Beyond” has been accepted for publication in J. Mater. Chem. A.2021/10/21
- Taejung has won the “Excellent Poster Award” in the 128th KCS Meeting. Congratulation!2021/10/14
We are currently looking for highly motivated graduate students (master, PhD, or master-PhD combined) and researchers who are interested in nanomaterial synthesis, nanocatalysis, and fuel cells. If you are interested in the group, please feel free to contact to Prof. Joo.
재료화학 및 촉매 연구실에서는 나노물질 합성, 나노촉매 및 연료전지 분야에 관심 있는 학부생, 대학원생 (석사, 박사, 또는 석-박 통합과정) 및 연구원을 모집합니다. 본 연구실에 관심 있으신 분은 아래의 연락처로 연락주시기 바랍니다.
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org