Nanomaterials & Catalysis Lab.
Research in Nanomaterials and Catalysis Laboratory is focused on the fundamental understanding of catalytic and electrocatalytic processes on the molecular scale and developments of highly active and cost-effective catalysts. We approach these challenges with nanoscale catalytic building blocks (nanoparticles and nanoporous supports) with tailored structural parameters. We design new model nanocatalysts by integrating nanoparticles and nanoporous materials. We use these nanocatalysts for catalytic reactions that are highly relevant to energy and environmental issues.
- Our paper entitled “Recent Advances in Unveiling Active Sites in Molybdenum Sulfide-Based Electrocatalysts for the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction” has been accepted for publication in Nano Convergence.2017/07/06
- Our paper entitled “Iridium-Based Multimetallic Nanoframe@Nanoframe Structure: An Efficient and Robust Electrocatalyst toward Oxygen Evolution Reaction” has been accepted for publication in ACS Nano.2017/06/06
- Our paper published in Adv. Energy Mater. “Graphitic Nanoshell/Mesoporous Carbon Nanohybrids as Highly Efficient and Stable Bifunctional Oxygen Electrocatalysts for Rechargeable Aqueous Na-Air Batteries” was highlighted in “2016 Science Highlights” of Pohang Accelerator Laboratory.2017/06/05
- Our paper entitled “Recent Progress in the Identification of Active Sites in Pyrolyzed Fe‒N/C Catalysts and Insights into Their Role in Oxygen Reduction Reaction” has been accepted for publication in J. Electrochem. Sci. Technol.2017/05/16
- Our paper entitled “Cactus-Like Hollow Cu2-xS@Ru Nanoplates as Excellent and Robust Electrocatalysts for the Alkaline Hydrogen Evolution Reaction” has been accepted for publication in Small.2017/05/04
- Prof. Joo has been awarded “Young Scientist Award” from Division of Catalysis and Reaction Engineering, Korean Institute of Chemical Engineers. Congratulation !2017/04/27
- Young Jin has won “Excellent Poster Award” in 2017 Spring Meeting of Korean Chemical Society. Congratulation !2017/04/21
- Young Jin has won “Korea Dow Chemical Excellent Paper Award” in 2017 Spring Meeting of Korean Chemical Society. Congratulation !2017/03/13
We are currently looking for highly motivated postdoctoral fellows, graduate students (master, PhD, or master-PhD combined) and researchers who are interested in nanomaterial synthesis, nanocatalysis, and fuel cells. If you are interested in the group, please feel free to contact to Prof. Joo.
나노재료 및 촉매 연구실에서는 나노물질 합성, 나노촉매 및 연료전지 분야에 관심 있는 학부생, 대학원생 (석사, 박사, 또는 석-박 통합과정) 및 연구원을 모집합니다. 본 연구실에 관심 있으신 분은 아래의 연락처로 연락주시기 바랍니다.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com