Nanomaterials & Catalysis Lab.
Research in Nanomaterials and Catalysis Laboratory is focused on the fundamental understanding of catalytic and electrocatalytic processes on the molecular scale and developments of highly active and cost-effective catalysts. We approach these challenges with nanoscale catalytic building blocks (nanoparticles and nanoporous supports) with tailored structural parameters. We design new model nanocatalysts by integrating nanoparticles and nanoporous materials. We use these nanocatalysts for catalytic reactions that are highly relevant to energy and environmental issues.
- Our paper entitled “Impact of a Conductive Oxide Core in Tungsten Sulfide-Based Nanostructures on the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction” has been accepted for publication in Chem. Commun..2015/04/08
- Our paper entitled “Monolayer-Precision Synthesis of Molybdenum Sulfide Nanoparticles and Their Nanoscale Size Effects in the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction” has been accepted for publication in ACS Nano.2015/03/21
- Our paper entitled “Simple Coordination Complex-Derived Three Dimensional Mesoporous Graphene as an Efficient Bifunctional Oxygen Electrocatalyst” has been accepted for publication in Chem. Commun..2015/03/10
- Our paper entitled “Octahedral Nanoframe with Cartesian Coordinates via Geometrically Precise Nanoscale Phase Segregation in a Pt@Ni Core-Shell Nanocrystal” has been accepted for publication in ACS Nano.2015/03/04
- Our paper entitled “Mesoporous Monoliths of Inverse Bicontinuous Cubic Phases of Block Copolymer Bilayers” has been accepted for publication in Nature Commun..2015/01/27
- Jae Yeong has won the Best Graduate Student Award from Division of Catalysis and Reaction Engineering of Korean Institute of Chemical Engineers. Congratulation !2015/01/07
- Our paper entitled “Noncovalent Polymer-Gatekeeper in Mesoporous Silica Nanoparticles as a Targeted Drug Delivery Platform” has been accepted for publication in Adv. Funct. Mater..2014/12/08
- Bora has won excellent poster award in 2014 Fall Meeting of Korean Chemical Society. Congratulation !2014/10/16
We are currently looking for highly motivated postdoctoral fellows, graduate students (master, PhD, or master-PhD combined) and researchers who are interested in nanomaterial synthesis, nanocatalysis, and fuel cells. If you are interested in the group, please feel free to contact to Prof. Joo.
나노재료 및 촉매 연구실에서는 나노물질 합성, 나노촉매 및 연료전지 분야에 관심 있는 학부생, 대학원생 (석사, 박사, 또는 석-박 통합과정) 및 연구원을 모집합니다. 본 연구실에 관심 있으신 분은 아래의 연락처로 연락주시기 바랍니다.
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org