Nanomaterials & Catalysis Lab.
Research in Nanomaterials and Catalysis Laboratory is focused on the fundamental understanding of catalytic and electrocatalytic processes on the molecular scale and developments of highly active and cost-effective catalysts. We approach these challenges with nanoscale catalytic building blocks (nanoparticles and nanoporous supports) with tailored structural parameters. We design new model nanocatalysts by integrating nanoparticles and nanoporous materials. We use these nanocatalysts for catalytic reactions that are highly relevant to energy and environmental issues.
- Young Jin has won “Korea Dow Chemical Excellent Paper Award” in 2017 Spring Meeting of Korean Chemical Society. Congratulation !2017/03/13
- Our paper entitled “High-Performance Fe5C2@CMK-3 Nanocatalyst for Selective and High-Yield Production of Gasoline-Range Hydrocarbons” has been accepted for publication in J. Catal.2017/03/03
- Our paper entitled “Roles of Fe–Nx and Fe–Fe3C@C Species in Fe–N/C Electrocatalysts for Oxygen Reduction Reaction” has been accepted for publication in ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces.2017/02/28
- Our recent ACS Catalysis paper “Size-Dependent Activity Trends Combined with In Situ X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy Reveal Insights into Cobalt Oxide/Carbon Nanotube Catalyzed Bifunctional Oxygen Electrocatalysis” was selected in ACS Select Virtual Issue “The Way Forward in Molecular Electrocatalysis”.2016/11/08
- Our paper entitled “Cobalt Assisted Synthesis of IrCu Hollow Octahedral Nanocages as Highly Active Electrocatalysts toward Oxygen Evolution Reaction” has been accepted for publication in Adv. Funct. Mater.2016/10/27
- Our paper entitled “A General Approach to Preferential Formation of Active Fe-Nx Sites in Fe-N/C Electrocatalysts for Efficient Oxygen Reduction Reaction” has been accepted for publication in J. Am. Chem. Soc.2016/10/18
- Ho Young has won “Excellent Poster Award” in 2016 Fall Meeting of Korean Chemical Society. Congratulation !2016/10/14
- Prof. Joo has been awarded “Excellent Researcher Award” from Materials Chemistry Division of Korean Chemical Society. Congratulation !2016/10/13
We are currently looking for highly motivated postdoctoral fellows, graduate students (master, PhD, or master-PhD combined) and researchers who are interested in nanomaterial synthesis, nanocatalysis, and fuel cells. If you are interested in the group, please feel free to contact to Prof. Joo.
나노재료 및 촉매 연구실에서는 나노물질 합성, 나노촉매 및 연료전지 분야에 관심 있는 학부생, 대학원생 (석사, 박사, 또는 석-박 통합과정) 및 연구원을 모집합니다. 본 연구실에 관심 있으신 분은 아래의 연락처로 연락주시기 바랍니다.
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org