Nanomaterials & Catalysis Lab.
Research in Nanomaterials and Catalysis Laboratory is focused on the fundamental understanding of catalytic and electrocatalytic processes on the molecular scale and developments of highly active and cost-effective catalysts. We approach these challenges with nanoscale catalytic building blocks (nanoparticles and nanoporous supports) with tailored structural parameters. We design new model nanocatalysts by integrating nanoparticles and nanoporous materials. We use these nanocatalysts for catalytic reactions that are highly relevant to energy and environmental issues.
- Jae Yeong has won the Best Graduate Student Award from Division of Catalysis and Reaction Engineering of Korean Institute of Chemical Engineers. Congratulation !2015/01/07
- Our collaborative paper with Prof. Ja-Hyoung Ryu’s group entitled “Noncovalent Polymer-Gatekeeper in Mesoporous Silica Nanoparticles as a Targeted Drug Delivery Platform” has been accepted for publication in Adv. Funct. Mater..2014/12/08
- Bora has won excellent poster award in 2014 Fall Meeting of Korean Chemical Society. Congratulation !2014/10/16
- Young Jin has won the best poster award in 2014 Yeongnam Section Meeting of Korean Chemical Society. Congratulation !2014/08/05
- Our paper entitled “Intrinsic Relationship between Enhanced Oxygen Reduction Reaction Activity and Nanoscale Work Function of Doped Carbons” has been accepted for publication in J. Am. Chem. Soc..2014/06/10
- Our paper entitled “Ice-Templated, pH-Tunable Self-assembly Route to Hierarchically Porous Graphene Nanoscroll Networks” has been accepted for publication in Nanoscale.2014/06/09
- Our collaborative paper with Prof. Kyoung Taek Kim’s group entitled “Colloidal Inverse Bicontinuous Cubic Membranes of Block Copolymers with Tunable Surface Functional Groups” has been published in Nature Chem..2014/05/11
- Our paper entitled “Transformative Route to Nanoporous Manganese Oxides of Controlled Oxidation States with Identical Textural Properties” has been accepted for publication in J. Mater. Chem. A.2014/04/29
We are currently looking for highly motivated postdoctoral fellows, graduate students (master, PhD, or master-PhD combined) and researchers who are interested in nanomaterial synthesis, nanocatalysis, and fuel cells. If you are interested in the group, please feel free to contact to Prof. Joo.
나노재료 및 촉매 연구실에서는 나노물질 합성, 나노촉매 및 연료전지 분야에 관심 있는 학부생, 대학원생 (석사, 박사, 또는 석-박 통합과정) 및 연구원을 모집합니다. 본 연구실에 관심 있으신 분은 아래의 연락처로 연락주시기 바랍니다.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com