Nanomaterials & Catalysis Lab.
Research in Nanomaterials and Catalysis Laboratory is focused on the fundamental understanding of catalytic and electrocatalytic processes on the molecular scale and developments of highly active and cost-effective catalysts. We approach these challenges with nanoscale catalytic building blocks (nanoparticles and nanoporous supports) with tailored structural parameters. We design new model nanocatalysts by integrating nanoparticles and nanoporous materials. We use these nanocatalysts for catalytic reactions that are highly relevant to energy and environmental issues.
- Our paper entitled “Hierarchically Porous Adamantane-Shaped Carbon Nanoframes” has been accepted for publication in J. Mater. Chem. A.2018/08/05
- Our paper entitled “Nanodendrites of Platinum-Group Metals for Electrocatalytic Applications” has been accepted for publication in Nano Res..2018/07/30
- Our paper entitled “Hollow Nanoparticles as Emerging Electrocatalysts for Renewable Energy Conversion Reactions” has been accepted for publication in Chem. Soc. Rev..2018/07/01
- Young Jin has won a “Best Oral Presentation Award” in 2018 Summer Symposium of Korean Chemical Society Materials Chemistry Division. Congratulation!2018/06/29
- Jinwoo has won a “Best Poster Award” in 2018 Summer Symposium of Korean Chemical Society Materials Chemistry Division. Congratulation!2018/06/29
- Our paper entitled “Oxygen-Deficient Triple Perovskites as Highly Active and Durable Bifunctional Electrocatalysts for Oxygen Electrode Reactions” has been published in Science Advances.2018/06/15
- Our News & Views article “Water Electrolysis: A Magnetic Boost” has been published in Nature Energy.2018/05/14
- Ho Young has won “IUPAC Poster Prize” in 2018 Spring Meeting of Korean Chemical Society. Congratulation!2018/04/20
We are currently looking for highly motivated postdoctoral fellows, graduate students (master, PhD, or master-PhD combined) and researchers who are interested in nanomaterial synthesis, nanocatalysis, and fuel cells. If you are interested in the group, please feel free to contact to Prof. Joo.
나노재료 및 촉매 연구실에서는 나노물질 합성, 나노촉매 및 연료전지 분야에 관심 있는 학부생, 대학원생 (석사, 박사, 또는 석-박 통합과정) 및 연구원을 모집합니다. 본 연구실에 관심 있으신 분은 아래의 연락처로 연락주시기 바랍니다.
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org