Nanomaterials & Catalysis Lab.
Research in Nanomaterials and Catalysis Laboratory is focused on the fundamental understanding of catalytic and electrocatalytic processes on the molecular scale and developments of highly active and cost-effective catalysts. We approach these challenges with nanoscale catalytic building blocks (nanoparticles and nanoporous supports) with tailored structural parameters. We design new model nanocatalysts by integrating nanoparticles and nanoporous materials. We use these nanocatalysts for catalytic reactions that are highly relevant to energy and environmental issues.
- Jae Hyung has won best poster award in Nano Korea 2016. Congratulation !2016/07/15
- Our paper entitled “Self-Supported Mesostructured Pt-Based Bimetallic Nanospheres Containing an Intermetallic Phase as Ultrastable Oxygen Reduction Electrocatalysts” has been accepted for publication in Small2016/07/11
- Our paper entitled “Shape Effects of Nickel Phosphide Nanocrystals on the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction” has been accepted for publication in CrystEngComm.2016/06/28
- Our paper entitled “Size-Dependent Activity Trends Combined with In Situ X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy Reveal Insights into Cobalt Oxide/Carbon Nanotube Catalyzed Bifunctional Oxygen Electrocatalysis” has been accepted for publication in ACS Catal.2016/05/27
- Our paper entitled “Synthesis of Bare Pt3Ni Nanorod from PtNi@Ni Core-Shell Nanorod by Acid Etching: One Step Surfactant Removal and Phase Conversion for Optimal Electrochemical Performance toward Oxygen Reduction Reaction” has been accepted for publication in CrystEngComm.2016/05/26
- Our paper entitled “Enhancing Activity and Stability of Cobalt Oxide Electrocatalysts for the Oxygen Evolution Reaction via Transition Metal Doping” has been accepted for publication in J. Electrochem. Soc..2016/05/03
- Jae Hyung has won excellent poster award in 2016 Spring Meeting of Korean Institute of Chemical Engineering. Congratulation !2016/04/29
- Our paper entitled “Ordered Mesoporous Copper Oxide Nanostructures as Highly Active and Stable Catalysts for Aqueous Click Reactions” has been accepted for publication in Catal. Commun..2016/04/06
We are currently looking for highly motivated postdoctoral fellows, graduate students (master, PhD, or master-PhD combined) and researchers who are interested in nanomaterial synthesis, nanocatalysis, and fuel cells. If you are interested in the group, please feel free to contact to Prof. Joo.
나노재료 및 촉매 연구실에서는 나노물질 합성, 나노촉매 및 연료전지 분야에 관심 있는 학부생, 대학원생 (석사, 박사, 또는 석-박 통합과정) 및 연구원을 모집합니다. 본 연구실에 관심 있으신 분은 아래의 연락처로 연락주시기 바랍니다.
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org