Nanomaterials & Catalysis Lab.
Research in Nanomaterials and Catalysis Laboratory is focused on the fundamental understanding of catalytic and electrocatalytic processes on the molecular scale and developments of highly active and cost-effective catalysts. We approach these challenges with nanoscale catalytic building blocks (nanoparticles and nanoporous supports) with tailored structural parameters. We design new model nanocatalysts by integrating nanoparticles and nanoporous materials. We use these nanocatalysts for catalytic reactions that are highly relevant to energy and environmental issues.
- Our paper entitled “Impact of Textural Properties of Mesoporous Porphyrinic Carbon Electrocatalysts on Oxygen Reduction Reaction Activity” has been accepted for publication in ChemElectroChem.2018/03/15
- Young Jin has won a “UNIST Best Research Award” from UNIST. Congratulation!2018/02/12
- Young Jin has won a “Bronze Award” from the 24th Samsung HumanTech Paper Award. Congratulation!2018/01/23
- Our paper entitled “Preferential Horizontal Growth of Tungsten Sulfide on Carbon and Insight into Active Sulfur Site for the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction” has been accepted for publication in Nanoscale.2018/01/16
- Our paper entitled “Vertex-Reinforced PtCuCo Ternary Nanoframes as Efficient and Stable Electrocatalysts for the Oxygen Reduction Reaction and the Methanol Oxidation Reaction” has been accepted for publication in Adv. Funct. Mater..2017/12/21
- Young Jin has won the “Best Graduate Student Award” from Division of Catalysis and Reaction Engineering of Korean Institute of Chemical Engineers. Congratulation!2017/12/04
- Our paper entitled “MXene: An Emerging Two-Dimensional Material for Future Energy Conversion and Storage Applications” has been accepted for publication in J. Mater. Chem. A.2017/11/10
- Our paper entitled “Strategies for Enhancing the Electrocatalytic Activity of M‒N/C Catalysts for the Oxygen Reduction Reaction” has been accepted for publication in Topics in Catalysis.2017/10/30
We are currently looking for highly motivated postdoctoral fellows, graduate students (master, PhD, or master-PhD combined) and researchers who are interested in nanomaterial synthesis, nanocatalysis, and fuel cells. If you are interested in the group, please feel free to contact to Prof. Joo.
나노재료 및 촉매 연구실에서는 나노물질 합성, 나노촉매 및 연료전지 분야에 관심 있는 학부생, 대학원생 (석사, 박사, 또는 석-박 통합과정) 및 연구원을 모집합니다. 본 연구실에 관심 있으신 분은 아래의 연락처로 연락주시기 바랍니다.
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org