Materials Chemistry and Catalysis Lab.
Materials Chemistry and Catalysis Laboratory is focused on the development of new class of heterogeneous catalysts and the fundamental understanding of catalytic reactions on the molecular scale. Of particular interests are small molecule activation reactions that are relevant to renewable energy conversions and commodity chemical productions. We develop highly active, selective, and stable catalysts in a task-specific manner. We combine in situ spectroscopic methods and theoretical calculations for identifying the active sites of catalysts and for dissecting catalytic reaction pathways. We use the developed catalysts for system-level device applications. The ultimate goal of our research is designing a new class of high-performance catalysts and establishing the structure-property relationship in important catalytic reactions.
- Our paper entitled “Ordered Mesoporous Carbons with Graphitic Tubular Frameworks by Dual Templating for Efficient Electrocatalysis and Energy Storage” has been accepted for publication in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed..2020/10/09
- Our paper entitled “Intermetallic PtCu Nanoframes as Efficient Oxygen Reduction Electrocatalysts” has been accepted for publication in Nano Lett..2020/09/15
- Our paper entitled “Thermal Transformation of Molecular Ni2+–N4 Sites for Enhanced CO2 Electroreduction Activity” has been accepted for publication in ACS Catal..2020/08/31
- Our paper entitled “Recent Advances in Nanostructured Intermetallic Electrocatalysts for Renewable Energy Conversion Reactions” has been accepted for publication in J. Mater. Chem. A.2020/04/07
- Taejung has won a “Gold Prize” from the 26th Samsung HumanTech Paper Award. Congratulation!2020/02/11
- Our paper entitled “A General Strategy to Atomically Dispersed Precious Metal Catalysts for Unravelling Their Catalytic Trends for Oxygen Reduction Reaction” has been accepted for publication in ACS Nano.2020/01/31
- Our paper entitled “Electrocatalyst Design for Promoting Two-Electron Oxygen Reduction Reaction: Isolation of Active Site Atoms on Precious Metal Surfaces” has been accepted for publication in Curr. Opin. Electrochem..2020/01/22
- Our paper entitled “Membraneless Enzymatic Biofuel Cells Using Iron and Cobalt Co-Doped Ordered Mesoporous Porphyrinic Carbon Based Catalyst” has been accepted for publication in Appl. Surf. Sci..2020/01/21
We are currently looking for highly motivated graduate students (master, PhD, or master-PhD combined) and researchers who are interested in nanomaterial synthesis, nanocatalysis, and fuel cells. If you are interested in the group, please feel free to contact to Prof. Joo.
재료화학 및 촉매 연구실에서는 나노물질 합성, 나노촉매 및 연료전지 분야에 관심 있는 학부생, 대학원생 (석사, 박사, 또는 석-박 통합과정) 및 연구원을 모집합니다. 본 연구실에 관심 있으신 분은 아래의 연락처로 연락주시기 바랍니다.
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org