Nanomaterials & Catalysis Lab.
Research in Nanomaterials and Catalysis Laboratory is focused on the fundamental understanding of catalytic and electrocatalytic processes on the molecular scale and developments of highly active and cost-effective catalysts. We approach these challenges with nanoscale catalytic building blocks (nanoparticles and nanoporous supports) with tailored structural parameters. We design new model nanocatalysts by integrating nanoparticles and nanoporous materials. We use these nanocatalysts for catalytic reactions that are highly relevant to energy and environmental issues.
- Ho Young has won the “Best Graduate Student Award” from KIChE Division of Catalysis and Reaction Engineering. Congratulation!2020/01/15
- Our paper entitled “Atomically Dispersed Pt−N4 Sites as Efficient and Selective Electrocatalysts for the Chlorine Evolution Reaction” has been accepted for publication in Nature Commun..2019/12/24
- Our paper entitled “Monomeric MoS42−-Derived Polymeric Chains with Active Molecular Units for Efficient Hydrogen Evolution Reaction” has been accepted for publication in ACS Catal..2019/11/28
- Our Preview article “Dimeric Fe Sites Effectively Activate Oxygen Molecule” has been published in Chem.2019/11/28
- Our paper entitled “Activity Origin and Multifunctionality of Pt-Based Intermetallic Nanostructures for Efficient Electrocatalysis” has been accepted for publication in ACS Catal..2019/10/29
- Jae Hyung has won “Excellent Oral Presentation Award” in 2019 KIChE Fall Meeting. Congratulation!2019/10/24
- Jae Hyung has won “Excellent Poster Award” in 124th KCS Meeting. Congratulation!2019/10/17
- Our paper entitled “Unassisted Solar Lignin Valorisation Using a Compartmented Photo-Electro-Biochemical Cell” has been accepted for publication in Nature Commun..2019/10/11
We are currently looking for highly motivated postdoctoral fellows, graduate students (master, PhD, or master-PhD combined) and researchers who are interested in nanomaterial synthesis, nanocatalysis, and fuel cells. If you are interested in the group, please feel free to contact to Prof. Joo.
나노재료 및 촉매 연구실에서는 나노물질 합성, 나노촉매 및 연료전지 분야에 관심 있는 학부생, 대학원생 (석사, 박사, 또는 석-박 통합과정) 및 연구원을 모집합니다. 본 연구실에 관심 있으신 분은 아래의 연락처로 연락주시기 바랍니다.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com