Nanomaterials & Catalysis Lab.
Research in Nanomaterials and Catalysis Laboratory is focused on the fundamental understanding of catalytic and electrocatalytic processes on the molecular scale and developments of highly active and cost-effective catalysts. We approach these challenges with nanoscale catalytic building blocks (nanoparticles and nanoporous supports) with tailored structural parameters. We design new model nanocatalysts by integrating nanoparticles and nanoporous materials. We use these nanocatalysts for catalytic reactions that are highly relevant to energy and environmental issues.
- Young Jin has won the “Best Graduate Student Award” from Division of Catalysis and Reaction Engineering of Korean Institute of Chemical Engineers. Congratulation !2017/12/04
- Our paper entitled “MXene: An Emerging Two-Dimensional Material for Future Energy Conversion and Storage Applications” has been accepted for publication in J. Mater. Chem. A.2017/11/10
- Our paper entitled “Strategies for Enhancing the Electrocatalytic Activity of M‒N/C Catalysts for the Oxygen Reduction Reaction” has been accepted for publication in Topics in Catalysis.2017/10/30
- Our paper entitled “Ni@Ru and NiCo@Ru Core-Shell Hexagonal Nanosandwiches with a Compositionally Tunable Core and a Regio-Selectively Grown Shell” has been accepted for publication in Small.2017/09/29
- Our paper entitled “Recent Advances in Unveiling Active Sites in Molybdenum Sulfide-Based Electrocatalysts for the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction” has been accepted for publication in Nano Convergence.2017/07/06
- Our paper entitled “Iridium-Based Multimetallic Nanoframe@Nanoframe Structure: An Efficient and Robust Electrocatalyst toward Oxygen Evolution Reaction” has been accepted for publication in ACS Nano.2017/06/06
- Our paper published in Adv. Energy Mater. “Graphitic Nanoshell/Mesoporous Carbon Nanohybrids as Highly Efficient and Stable Bifunctional Oxygen Electrocatalysts for Rechargeable Aqueous Na-Air Batteries” was highlighted in “2016 Science Highlights” of Pohang Accelerator Laboratory.2017/06/05
- Our paper entitled “Recent Progress in the Identification of Active Sites in Pyrolyzed Fe‒N/C Catalysts and Insights into Their Role in Oxygen Reduction Reaction” has been accepted for publication in J. Electrochem. Sci. Technol.2017/05/16
We are currently looking for highly motivated postdoctoral fellows, graduate students (master, PhD, or master-PhD combined) and researchers who are interested in nanomaterial synthesis, nanocatalysis, and fuel cells. If you are interested in the group, please feel free to contact to Prof. Joo.
나노재료 및 촉매 연구실에서는 나노물질 합성, 나노촉매 및 연료전지 분야에 관심 있는 학부생, 대학원생 (석사, 박사, 또는 석-박 통합과정) 및 연구원을 모집합니다. 본 연구실에 관심 있으신 분은 아래의 연락처로 연락주시기 바랍니다.
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org