Materials Chemistry and Catalysis Lab.
Materials Chemistry and Catalysis Laboratory is focused on the development of new class of heterogeneous catalysts and the fundamental understanding of catalytic reactions on the molecular scale. Of particular interests are small molecule activation reactions that are relevant to renewable energy conversions and commodity chemical productions. We develop highly active, selective, and stable catalysts in a task-specific manner. We combine in situ spectroscopic methods and theoretical calculations for identifying the active sites of catalysts and for dissecting catalytic reaction pathways. We use the developed catalysts for system-level device applications. The ultimate goal of our research is designing a new class of high-performance catalysts and establishing the structure-property relationship in important catalytic reactions.
- Our paper entitled “Pt-Based Intermetallic Nanocatalysts for Promoting the Oxygen Reduction Reaction” has been accepted for publication in Bull. Kor. Chem. Soc..2021/03/23
- Our paper entitled “Nanoscale Electrocatalyst Design for Alkaline Hydrogen Evolution Reaction through Activity Descriptor Identification” has been accepted for publication in Mater. Chem. Front..2021/03/15
- Jinyoung Lee and Jaehoon Baek have joined our laboratory as new graduate students. Welcome!2021/03/01
- Our paper entitled “Ordered Mesoporous Carbons with Graphitic Tubular Frameworks by Dual Templating for Efficient Electrocatalysis and Energy Storage” has been accepted for publication in Angew. Chem. Int. Ed..2020/10/09
- Our paper entitled “Intermetallic PtCu Nanoframes as Efficient Oxygen Reduction Electrocatalysts” has been accepted for publication in Nano Lett..2020/09/15
- Our paper entitled “Thermal Transformation of Molecular Ni2+–N4 Sites for Enhanced CO2 Electroreduction Activity” has been accepted for publication in ACS Catal..2020/08/31
- Taejung Lim has won “Excellent Poster Award” in 2020 KECS Spring Meeting. Congratulation!2020/07/18
- Ho Young has won “Excellent Poster Award” in 2020 KECS Spring Meeting. Congratulation!2020/07/18
We are currently looking for highly motivated graduate students (master, PhD, or master-PhD combined) and researchers who are interested in nanomaterial synthesis, nanocatalysis, and fuel cells. If you are interested in the group, please feel free to contact to Prof. Joo.
재료화학 및 촉매 연구실에서는 나노물질 합성, 나노촉매 및 연료전지 분야에 관심 있는 학부생, 대학원생 (석사, 박사, 또는 석-박 통합과정) 및 연구원을 모집합니다. 본 연구실에 관심 있으신 분은 아래의 연락처로 연락주시기 바랍니다.
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org