Nanomaterials & Catalysis Lab.
Research in Nanomaterials and Catalysis Laboratory is focused on the fundamental understanding of catalytic and electrocatalytic processes on the molecular scale and developments of highly active and cost-effective catalysts. We approach these challenges with nanoscale catalytic building blocks (nanoparticles and nanoporous supports) with tailored structural parameters. We design new model nanocatalysts by integrating nanoparticles and nanoporous materials. We use these nanocatalysts for catalytic reactions that are highly relevant to energy and environmental issues.
- Our paper entitled “Recent Advances in Nanostructured Intermetallic Electrocatalysts for Renewable Energy Conversion Reactions” has been accepted for publication in J. Mater. Chem. A.2020/04/07
- Taejung has won a “Gold Prize” from the 26th Samsung HumanTech Paper Award. Congratulation!2020/02/11
- Our paper entitled “A General Strategy to Atomically Dispersed Precious Metal Catalysts for Unravelling Their Catalytic Trends for Oxygen Reduction Reaction” has been accepted for publication in ACS Nano.2020/01/31
- Our paper entitled “Electrocatalyst Design for Promoting Two-Electron Oxygen Reduction Reaction: Isolation of Active Site Atoms on Precious Metal Surfaces” has been accepted for publication in Curr. Opin. Electrochem..2020/01/22
- Our paper entitled “Membraneless Enzymatic Biofuel Cells Using Iron and Cobalt Co-Doped Ordered Mesoporous Porphyrinic Carbon Based Catalyst” has been accepted for publication in Appl. Surf. Sci..2020/01/21
- Ho Young has won the “Best Graduate Student Award” from KIChE Division of Catalysis and Reaction Engineering. Congratulation!2020/01/15
- Our paper entitled “Atomically Dispersed Pt−N4 Sites as Efficient and Selective Electrocatalysts for the Chlorine Evolution Reaction” has been accepted for publication in Nature Commun..2019/12/24
- Our paper entitled “Monomeric MoS42−-Derived Polymeric Chains with Active Molecular Units for Efficient Hydrogen Evolution Reaction” has been accepted for publication in ACS Catal..2019/11/28
We are currently looking for highly motivated graduate students (master, PhD, or master-PhD combined) and researchers who are interested in nanomaterial synthesis, nanocatalysis, and fuel cells. If you are interested in the group, please feel free to contact to Prof. Joo.
나노재료 및 촉매 연구실에서는 나노물질 합성, 나노촉매 및 연료전지 분야에 관심 있는 학부생, 대학원생 (석사, 박사, 또는 석-박 통합과정) 및 연구원을 모집합니다. 본 연구실에 관심 있으신 분은 아래의 연락처로 연락주시기 바랍니다.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com