Nanomaterials & Catalysis Lab.
Research in Nanomaterials and Catalysis Laboratory is focused on the fundamental understanding of catalytic and electrocatalytic processes on the molecular scale and developments of highly active and cost-effective catalysts. We approach these challenges with nanoscale catalytic building blocks (nanoparticles and nanoporous supports) with tailored structural parameters. We design new model nanocatalysts by integrating nanoparticles and nanoporous materials. We use these nanocatalysts for catalytic reactions that are highly relevant to energy and environmental issues.
- Our paper entitled “Activity Origin and Multifunctionality of Pt-Based Intermetallic Nanostructures for Efficient Electrocatalysis” has been accepted for publication in ACS Catal..2019/10/29
- Jae Hyung has won “Excellent Oral Presentation Award” in 2019 KIChE Fall Meeting. Congratulation!2019/10/24
- Jae Hyung has won “Excellent Poster Award” in 124th KCS Meeting. Congratulation!2019/10/17
- Our paper entitled “Unassisted Solar Lignin Valorisation Using a Compartmented Photo-Electro-Biochemical Cell” has been accepted for publication in Nature Commun..2019/10/11
- Dr. Young Jin Sa starts his independent career as an assistant professor at Kwangwoon University. Congratulation!2019/09/02
- Our paper entitled “Dual Catalytic Functions of Biomimetic, Atomically Dispersed Iron-Nitrogen Doped Carbon Catalysts for Efficient Enzymatic Biofuel Cells” has been accepted for publication in Chem. Eng. J..2019/08/31
- Jae Hyung has won “Best Poster Award” in Nano Korea 2019 Symposium. Congratulation!2019/07/05
- Our paper entitled “Ordered Mesoporous Metastable α-MoC1−x with Enhanced Water Dissociation Capability for Boosting Alkaline Hydrogen Evolution Activity” has been accepted for publication in Adv. Funct. Mater..2019/04/30
We are currently looking for highly motivated postdoctoral fellows, graduate students (master, PhD, or master-PhD combined) and researchers who are interested in nanomaterial synthesis, nanocatalysis, and fuel cells. If you are interested in the group, please feel free to contact to Prof. Joo.
나노재료 및 촉매 연구실에서는 나노물질 합성, 나노촉매 및 연료전지 분야에 관심 있는 학부생, 대학원생 (석사, 박사, 또는 석-박 통합과정) 및 연구원을 모집합니다. 본 연구실에 관심 있으신 분은 아래의 연락처로 연락주시기 바랍니다.
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org